Friday, January 14, 2011

C'mon Christie - you know it's the right thing ...

I have to admit, each time I read something Gov. Chris Christie says I become more of a fan. This time, the folks at NJ.com asked the Governor his opinion on concealed carry for New Jersey. Now, you might think I would want him to stand up and shout, 'of course I would sign legislation for concealed carry!' - but wait. Here is what he said:

"I'm like a human starting gun as governor," Christie continued. "The minute I say anything about anything, we're off the races. I'm not going off to the races on an issue that has no chance of going anywhere.

Personally I think Gov. Christie would sign the legislation if it made it to his desk but I also think it would be a distraction and possibly a hindrance if he came out for the legislation. The fight is in the legislature. There are already two bills stuck in committee - A1384 / S69 and S2264, and it's up to us to get them out of committee and on the floor.

So - read the bills, call YOUR legislators, call the sponsors of the bills, call the committee Chairperson. If you want concealed carry in NJ, you're going to have to fight for it.

1 comment:

  1. Your absolutely right in that we need to continue to contact the legislature. Great blog, heard about you on the Gundudes. I have started a blog recently, totally new to blogging, at the URL below. I hope you check it out.

    ReplyDelete